Mingus Reedus Arrested in New York; Charged with Assault and Obstruction of Breathing
New York City Police Department informed People that on August 23, 25-year-old Mingus Reedus, the son of actors Norman Reedus and Helena Christensen, was arrested in the city and charged with criminal obstruction of breathing and assault.
According to the police, the officers who responded to the call at 16th Street and 8th Avenue, found a 33-year-old woman who had minor injuries to the neck and leg. The woman was taken by EMS to NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue, the authorities described her condition as stable. The event is being probed further.
Mingus was taken into custody immediately. E! News contacted his representatives for a comment but hasn’t received any response.

Son of Norman Reedus and Helena Christensen taken into custody after woman found with minor injuries; investigation ongoing
The NYPD said that 25 years old Mingus Reedus, the son of actors Norman Reedus and Helena Christensen, was arrested in New York City on August 23rd and charged with criminal obstruction of breathing and assault.
The officers had just turned the corner of 16th Street and 8th Avenue, when they were called to a place. They discovered a 33-year-old female who had minor injuries to the neck and leg. In addition to that, police report that the woman was transported by EMS to NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue. The medical staff have declared that she is in a stable condition.
Mingus was at the spot handcuffed, and the inquiry is still underway.
Mingus’s spokespeople were not immediately available for comment.
The recent arrest goes back to a first episode almost four years ago at the San Gennaro festival in Little Italy when Mingus was charged with hitting a 24-year-old girl after a verbal altercation at Mulberry and Baxter Streets. The victim had a cut below the left eye and was taken to Downtown Hospital. In March 2022, Mingus agreed to a plea deal on the charge of disorderly conduct only.

Mingus Reedus Arrested in NYC; Claims He “Threw His Arm Out” in Self‑Defense
The NYPD has verified that 25-year-old Mingus Reedus was arrested in the city of New York on August 23 and is accused of criminal obstruction of breathing and assault. In the report, the officers who were at the scene of the incident close to 16th Street and 8th Avenue discovered a 33-year-old woman with slight injuries to the neck and the leg; EMS took her to Bellevue in stable condition. It is stated by authorities that the investigation is still open. Mingus was arrested at the scene. No answer to the requests for comment from Mingus’s representatives has been received.
This arrest is about a different mishap entirely in 2021 when, at the San Gennaro festival in Little Italy, it was reported that after a short verbal altercation on Mulberry and Baxter Streets, Mingus struck a 24-year-old woman. The victim dropped with a small cut under her left eye and was taken to Downtown Hospital by ambulance. In March 2022, Reedus accepted a plea bargain with a reduced charge for disorderly conduct.
Mingus, in an interview with The New York Daily News regarding the 2021 incident, said he only reacted instinctively to protect his companions’ safety and himself as the woman and her friends had allegedly stalked and harassed them. “It was instinct,” he claimed, adding that in fear for the safety of his group he “threw his arm out.” He further went on to say that the group had been followed for two blocks and had been subjected to thrown food and threats and that the police arrived after the confrontation escalated and witnessed one of the women injured without getting his side of the story.
